RĀDX TREATMENT PROTOCOL
- Prior to beginning radiation treatments, apply Moisture Therapy to the proposed treatment area several times daily.
- Once treatment begins, apply Moisture Therapy 3 to 4 hours before – and immediately after – each treatment, then 2 to 3 times per day. It may be applied as often as every half hour in cases of skin reddening and inflammation.
- Several days into treatments, when discomfort, pain or irritation develops, switch to Radiation Therapy. Apply 3 hours before treatments, and immediately after each treatment. For persistent pain/burning/irritation, Radiation Therapy may be used as often as every half-hour or as needed to relieve pain, redness and irritation. Be sure to use it frequently throughout the day. Continue this process throughout the duration of treatments and for as many days as needed to relieve pain and discomfort, which sometimes continues for several days after treatments are completed
- Once pain subsides, revert to Moisture Therapy and apply 2 – 3 times daily for several days.
- Patients receiving radiation to the head and neck will notice drying of lips: use SolRx Lip Protectant (Lip Ice) immediately following each treatment, reapplying as needed