Alra Therapy Lotion (3.4 oz.) offers reliable Relief for Radiation Dermatitis and Extremely Dry Skin.
Alra Therapy Lotion was developed especially for skin exposed to radiation therapy by a European trained cosmetic chemist whose wife was undergoing treatment for breast cancer. Since the introduction of Alra (named for “All Radiation”) in 1988, the lotion has provided soothing relief for acute radiation dermatitis.
Alra Therapy Lotion offers soothing relief to skin exposed to radiation therapy, and is also effective in the treatment of eczema, sunburn, abrasions, diaper rash, and other severe dry skin conditions. Its use encourages individuals to actively participate in their healing.
Radiation Therapy Lotion
Provides relief from radiation dermatitis, itching, and redness from radiation and chemotherapy.
* Promotes the Skin's Natural Healing Process.
* Non-Greasy, Deep Moisturizing.
* Free of Alcohol, Fragrance, and Color.
* Does Not Interfere With Ongoing Treatment.
* Soothing and Effective Skin Care.
Since 1988, ALRA Therapy Lotion has been providing relief and encouraging healing of the skin during cancer treatment. ALRA Therapy Lotion is used and recommended in many of the nation’s finest Cancer Treatment Centers. Doctors rely on ALRA Therapy Lotion and agree that when individuals use begins early in the treatment phase, it can prevent or minimize skin sensitivity and breakdown for many patients, without interfering with treatment.
Alra's unique combination of five powerful ingredients differentiates it from other skincare lotions and creams. In addition, all five active ingredients are formulated in significant amounts to meet or surpass the recommended levels for effective results in clinical applications.
As in all three Alra Care Products, to lessen the possibility of allergic reactions or skin dryness, we do not use any fragrance, color, or alcohol in the product formulation. The five powerful ingredients include:
1. 100% Aloe Vera Gel, not water, is the base. Aloe Vera has been shown to relieve pain, burning, and itching sensations, and has been associated with accelerated healing of skin with radiation burns.
2. Vitamin E acts as an anti-oxidant, preventing the release of free radicals, which are the cause of oxidative damage to cell membranes. Vitamin E passes through the epidermis into the dermis and works from within.
3. Soluble Collagen is a very effective moisturizer that binds and retains many times its own weight in water.
4. Allantoin helps burned skin to regenerate itself by promoting and stimulating new and healthy tissue growth.
5. Lanolin is a natural moisturizer. The special form of Lanolin used in Alra Therapy Lotion is extremely mild and soothing, with long-lasting lubricating effects on the skin.